Creating an Elance account to hire Freelancers is simple! Within a matter of minutes you can be posting your first job to professional providers around the world!
To create a Client account on Elance, please follow the steps below:
- Click the green Post Your Job (it’s free) button in the center of the Elance Home Page.
- Complete the registration fields by manually entering your information OR by choosing to use your LinkedIn or Facebook details. Click Continue.
- Next, the Post Your Job page will open. You may complete your job posting or come back to it later by clicking the Finish Your Registration link.
- You will now be prompted to verify your email. To do so, check your registered email address and click on the link sent by Elance. Your job post will not be live until your email is verified!
One important part of the account setup process is verifying your email. When you submit your account information, a verification email will be sent to your registered address. Please open this email and click the link within the email address to proceed.
If you need to have the email addressed changed or resend the verification email just click on the appropriate link. Remember :
- You will not be able to contact Freelancers until your email address is verified.
- You can create job postings but your jobs will not be live on Elance until you verify your email address.
In order to hire a Freelancer, you will be required to have a credit card or Paypal on file. Click here to read more about adding a payment method to your account.
As a security measure, you may be asked to authenticate your credit card. Credit card authentication helps reduce online fraud and increases the security of Elance transactions. We use this process to ensure that you are the owner of the card with complete access to the account information.
If your preferred payment method is PayPal, there is no authentication required.
You also have the option to add funds directly to your Elance account. However, please note a credit card or Paypal will still be required in order to hire a Freelancer. To read more about adding funds to your Elance account, click here.