The Authorized Hours specified in a project's Terms are the default number of approved hours for the duration of the job. Authorized hours are agreed to at the beginning of a project and are an important aspect of a project in part because these hours will be paid automatically with Auto-Pay. Learn more about how Auto-Pay works here.
End date is the projected end date for the job. The Freelancer should not continue to work past this date until the Terms have been revised and agreed upon.
How do I adjust the Authorized Hours?
To modify the Terms of an Hourly job (i.e. Authorized Hours, Hourly Rate, or End Date), please log into your Elance account and follow the instructions below:
- Click My Elance from the top navigation bar.
- Click the job name from your My Jobs list.
- Click on Terms & Milestones from the left.
- Click the link Edit next to the field that you wish to change.
- Make your changes, scroll to the bottom of the page and Submit to the other party for approval.
Note: All changes will be effective the following Monday after the Terms are accepted. For Hourly Jobs, Milestones are optional, but you can use them to track the job's progress as needed.