Elance and it's support channels are now closed. If you require assistance, please contact us at support.upwork.com

What is the Relationship Type?

Relationship Type

On your My Freelancers page, after clicking Expand to the right of the Freelancer, the Relationship Type refers to the tax classification for your Freelancer.  You will see one of the following types:

W2:  You have requested Elance Payroll Services for eligible Freelancers.  For more information about Elance Payroll Services, click here.

Other:  Refers to any Freelancer not specified as W2.

Was this article helpful?
1 out of 1 found this helpful


Quick Start Videos
Getting Started
Hiring on Elance
Providing Services
Technical Help
Trust & Safety


Elance University
A Freelancer’s Guide to Earning More
Privacy Policy
Terms of Service
Powered by Zendesk